Sunday, September 1, 2013

Makeup Products I Won't Be Repurchasing!

Don't you absolutely hate it when you purchase makeup and it does not work for you?! I have those moments too! I'm going to share with you products I won't be purchasing again. I'm not saying that you shouldn't try them if you want to, since everyone is different, but I'm here to give my opinion about these products that do not work for me that may be helpful for you.

  • Almay Wake Up Undereye Concealer - I did a review (HERE), and I do not like this product at all. It goes into my fine lines, and it just doesn't work well. I hate the application tip/brush or whatever you call it, but this product although is creamy, accentuates my fine lines under my eyes!
  • Tarte Natural Cheek Stain in "Flushed" - This is supposed to be a blush stain, but the texture of this is sort of like hard jello in a sense that leaves a weird and sticky residue on your face. I find this difficult to blend, and it takes a long time for the product to dry. Maybe it's just me or the one that I have, but I have tried using this on several occasions. 




  • NYX Natural Palette - I do not own the Urban Decay Naked palettes since they are pricey, and there are always other brands that sells eye shadows that are in similar colors. I wanted a neutral tone palette, so I picked the NYX Natural palette when it hit Ulta stores. The color range is ok, and I wish there were more browns, but the shadows are so chalky with a ton of fall out. The swatches below are set on top of eye shadow primer, and you can tell that they are not very pigmented, especially the nude colors. I actually had to put multiple layers of each shadow below in order to get some kind of color showing, but no one wants to spend a lot of time adding layers and layers of the same color. Had these shadows be more pigmented, this would be a fantastic palette!



  • Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse - I personally think that this product doesn't work for me due to my face condition. I have dry skin and eczema, and wearing matte foundation doesn't help the dryness of my skin since it gets blotchy. I wanted to try it, and I think I could like it if I didn't have dry skin. I love that it's a mousse and is really easy to apply. My best friend also has this and she has combo/oily skin, and it works fine for her!

  • Prestige Sun Flower Illuminating Face Bronzer in "Sunkissed" - I don't know why I got this. This bronzer has a yellow swirly star with bright metallic dense shimmer in it! Surrounding it is a brown color with shimmer. I don't like this product because of how messy it is and how unnatural the colors are, well at least the metallic one. I tried wearing only the brown colored bronzer, but it is too shimmery to wear even though the metallic one has 100x more shimmer! I do have to say that it would make a good eye shadow, which is why I will keep it, but I won't use it on my face!



That's it for now! Any products that you regret buying? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...