I stopped by Big Lots in the evening and was so happy to find Sally Hansen Smooth Perfect ColorCare nail polishes available for only $1 each!
If you do not already know, Big Lots is a store that receives and sells items that may be discontinued or no longer sold in other stores like Target or CVS. It's like a Goodwill in a way, but everything should be completely new and unused. I only stop by Big Lots purely for their beauty section, and you'll be amazed by what you can find!
Their beauty section changes quite often due to items selling fast or because they have new shipment coming in. It's not a store that sells recently released cosmetics or other beauty stuff, so don't expect it! What you can expect is finding some of those limited edition and/or discontinued beauty products that you've been waiting to get your hands on since forever, but never got the chance. You can't predict what they'll have in store, so you have to go often to find the best deals and best items.
I've seen the following brands and items there:
- E.L.F palettes
- Limited Edition Wet n Wild sets
- L'oreal Infallible Eye shadow
- Revlon Stardust eye shadow
- O.P.I. Crackle nail polish
- Sally Hansen nail polishes
- Revlon nail polishes
- E.L.F. brushes
- and MORE!
Today I found three Sally Hansen Smooth Perfect ColorCare in Sorbet, Sea, and Satin for only $1 each. Look at all those labels! These nail polishes came from CVS when they had their semi-annual cosmetics clearance sale back in early June. Whatever wasn't sold ended up at Big Lots and the price is amazing at $1 each, so of course I had to snatch the beautiful pastel colors!
Big Lots is usually a hit or miss, but when you hit, you hit it good! Today was a hit for me, so here are my tips:
- Don't have expectations. -- If you have expectations and go to the store only to discover they don't have a great selection that you'll like, you probably wouldn't want to come back in the future. Shopping here really is a hit or miss!
- Go to the store often. -- A lot of things go in and out of Big Lots, especially their cosmetics aisle. I recommend checking back often in case there may be something new.
- Check the boxes, baskets and the back! -- A lot of times cosmetics are dumped into a basket or box on the bottom shelf. Don't neglect it, and dig through it! Sometimes that is where the good cosmetics is! Also check the back of where cosmetics are hung since I find that they are typically not organized.
I love hunting for deals, and I wish you all the luck shopping at Big Lots! :)