Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Ikea Beauty Organization!

Hello everyone!

I've been doing some major organizing! What kind of organizing? Beauty supplies! DUN DUN DUN! I purchased a plastic 5-drawer storage at Target in the past that I've been using to store all my makeup, brushes, and extra supplies, but my collection has grown so much more that I started to store the extras in plastic boxes. I did the same with my nail polish. Can you imagine my room with a million plastic boxes filled with makeup and nail polish?! I got frustrated at how everything in my room looked, so I did some research and like a lot of bloggers and Youtubers out there, I purchased the "Alex" from Ikea (HERE, $119). This storage contains five "small" drawers and four "large" drawers to total nine. It's pretty spacious, and it was able to fit all my makeup including extras, my makeup bags, candles, skincare products, and other miscellaneous items. I ended up storing my nail polish with a different method that I will share another day. Now I don't have plastic boxes hanging around my room! I love that everything fits!

By the way,  I built this myself and for someone who doesn't build things, it took me approximately 5 hours to complete. I'm slow, but I'd rather have it right than wrong! I suggest that if you get any kind of furniture from Ikea make sure to count all the screws and nails they provide because I was missing a screw for the Alex, and I was on the phone for a good 15 minutes before I was able to reach costumer service. If you are missing any parts you can also bring your receipt into the store and show it at costumer service, and they should provide you your missing part. :)

I also purchased these organizers at Ikea. It's a plastic organizer divided into five sections. They're not a perfect fit for the Alex, but they do fit inside with room to spare. I purchased three of these for $3 each, which is not bad at all!


Additionally, I found this jar at Ikea, and I love how it is built. I wanted something to store cotton balls, and this seemed perfect since it has a lid that will prevent dust and other particles from dirtying them! This was only $4!



I filled the jar with cotton balls. Isn't it cute? They also have two other sizes: one in miniature, and then a huge and more round one that can probably fit a bunch of cookies! :P


I spent a good two hours at Ikea just browsing around. There are so many things to look at, and who doesn't love the little bedroom models they have up?! I definitely recommend checking out what Ikea has because you never know what you'll find! :)

Hopefully I will have a post up soon by the end of this week with my nail polish collection! Thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...