Saturday, August 24, 2013

August Monthly Favorites!

We are already approaching the end of August, and it makes me excited that autumn is almost here! Here in San Diego we don't have four seasons although sometimes I wish we did! I absolutely love autumn and winter out of all other seasons mostly due to the coldness, rain, and merry holidays.

Back to Monthly Favorites! I don't have many "favorite" products this month because I've been sick and lazy to put on makeup and try other beauty products I have hiding somewhere in my room. Nevertheless, I do have several items I would love to share with you!

  • I've reviewed this before called the Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil Intense Moisturizing Treatment by Organix (HERE with a demo of how I applied this on), and I've tried this several more times since I've done the review, and I've been loving it more and more. I do this treatment once a week, and I mainly use it because I love the texture that it gives my hair after I get out of the shower and dry it. My hair is super smooth, shiny, and has a great scent after I use it. I use this every once a week or every 1.5 weeks. I believe Organix has other hair treatments for other purposes too if you're not interested in this one.



  • O.P.I. - La Paz-itively Hot - Strangely this is one of my favorites this month, and the reason why I say "strangely" is because I never thought that I would be head over heels for this hot pink color -- I'm more of a pale pink gal. This is a matte finish color, and the reason why I'm attracted to this polish is the matte finish itself that leaves my nails with a slight glare as I move it within the light which almost reminds me of Christmas ornaments. Maybe that's why I love it! I believe this is not in the permanent line, and is discontinued. Downfall to this product? It chips easily! There was a tag on the bottle when I purchased it that said not to put on a base coat or top coat.
  • This Too Faced Glamour to Go (discontinued) kit is one of my first kits or palettes I've ever purchased from Sephora. I've had this kit for a long time, and I've used up all the lip glosses, and hit pan on the blush, but I still have plenty of eye shadows left to use! This was hidden in the back of my makeup drawer, and thank goodness I found it because I absolutely love these colors! 


These colors are very pigmented in my opinion. Several colors tend to be chalky though, such as the peach color you see on the first row, third color and the yellow color on the last row at the end, but they are still highly pigmented. I'm surprised I didn't use this palette as much when I was younger since the colors are so beautiful. My favorite is the mossy green in the first row, 4th shadow. :)


Top row (w/o primer)

Last row in the kit. (w/o primer)
  • Tarte Complexion Enhancing Duo in "Medium to Tan" - I love this, but I'm sad Tarte no longer sells this regularly online or in store! Anywho, this is a lipstick that contains two separate colors that when you apply onto your lips and rub them together, it creates a beautiful peachy pink color on your lips! The center is a pink-red color and the outside is nude.



Here's how it looks before it is rubbed together. You'll notice that the colors do not appear as dark as they seem in the bottle. It's creamy, but the application is a little sheer.

Here's how it looks after blending the colors together. Beautiful isn't it?


Last but not least, this is not a beauty product, but it is something that I love. I purchased this "Keep Calm and Carry On" mug last year at Marshalls, and I absolutely love it. I've been using it every single day drinking tea or even water. It's random, but I thought that I'd share since it's so darn cute. The quote is also stamped along the edge on the inside of the mug.


That's it for my favorites! It's not a lot, but hopefully I'll be able to try more products and share with you all more favorites next month! My cousin is getting married, and I have yet to find a full on hair and makeup look that I want to wear to the ceremony and reception! September will be a month where I'll be testing out a lot more products, and hopefully I'll find products and a few looks that will be suitable for me as a guest at the wedding! What are your favorites of this month?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...