Thursday, July 11, 2013

REVIEW: Lumene Vitamin C+ Illuminating Anti-Age BB Cream

Hi everyone!
I am a huge BB cream user since I don't like wearing thick layers of makeup, and I've been trying to find a BB cream or tinted moisturizer that I like. I've recently been wearing the Lumene Vitamin C+ Illuminating Anti-age BB Cream with SPF 20. I've been wearing this for about three weeks now, and I like it quite a lot. Lumene is a Finnish brand, and they claim that this product:
  • Is Light-weight
  • Provides sun protection
  • Hydrates skin
  • Brightens skin
  • Evens out skin tone
  • Covers blemishes
  • Moisturizes skin
  • Provides a young and fresh look
This 50mL product is suitable for all ages and skin types, though it is targeted at middle aged women.



Smell: There's no major scent to this BB cream. It smells like regular non-scented lotion.

Color: Unfortunately there are only two colors: light and medium. I figured light would be too fair for my skin, so I purchased medium which luckily works fine for me. This product is unsuitable for darker skin-toned people, which is unfortunate.I know this is from Finland, and I am assuming that most Finnish people are light skinned, but it's interesting how most drugstores carry this brand and there's only two colors. I guess in a way it makes sense?



Application and Wear: Below are photos of my face before application and after application of the BB cream. You can see that in my "before" photo I have many blemishes (yikes!) that are very visible. You can also tell that my skin color is not even.

"Before"
The product itself is not thick at all like most foundations. Like many other BB creams, this is meant for light coverage, though if I could contrast it to another BB cream, it is thicker than the Maybelline Dream. Below is my face after one layer of this BB cream on. The biggest difference I noticed was the shininess of my face, and this is because of the SPF. Unless you want to look shiny, I recommend putting on a light layer (for those who like wearing thin layers of face product) of powder to set the BB cream.

"After"
My blemishes are still visible, but they are not as big as they were in my "Before" photo which is a good thing. I didn't expect this BB to cover my blemishes completely since it is a BB cream meant for light coverage. My skin color looks evened out as well which is a plus. My face did feel a little sticky after application, but I don't think it's a big deal since you can always powder yourself a little. I definitely felt that the product kept my face hydrated too. For someone who has eczema and dry skin, I approve!

Cost: This BB cream will cost you ~$15 at the local drugstore which is a little pricey. Sometimes they have deals at CVS or Walgreens with a B1G1 for 50% off on Lumene products though, so be on the lookout!

I've used this Lumene BB cream for three weeks now, and I really enjoy using it. I definitely recommend this product, but it is unfortunate that they only have two shades available. Try it if you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...