Friday, June 7, 2013

REVIEW: Almay Wake Up Under Eye Concealer

Hi Everyone!

I've purchased the Almay Wake Up Under Eye Concealer in "Light/Medium" several months ago, and I've finally tried it out for the first time this week!


I think the concealer packaging is interesting and different because it comes in a squeezable tube as pictured below:


You'll notice that the applicator is similar to Stila lip glosses and Tarte lip glosses where it's a brush full of bristles.

In order to get some concealer out, I find that you actually have to squeeze the tube pretty hard. It is best to squeeze from the bottom of the tube instead of the center. The problem with the design of the tube is that it's difficult to control how much product you want to use and take out.

Squeezing from the center. 

Instead of lip gloss, you get concealer!


Below are three photos that I took of the Almay concealer on my hand, eventually blended in the last photo.
The color not look as if it is too light for my skin, but after blending the concealer, it worked out fine. It is a creamy product and it is very easy to blend.

Now let's try it on my pimple and under eye!

Here are the results from BEFORE (left) and AFTER (right). 


Please note that I am not wearing any foundation, so I only applied the concealer. On the left side is where you'll notice my hefty large eye bag (I had coffee the night before and stayed up studying), and a bright red pimple that I popped right underneath it. To the right is after applying the product. My redness from the pimple is much less visible and red, although you'll still notice a small dot. My under eye is brighter in comparison to the left photo, and my eye bag does not look as deep as it did previously. The product does crease and get into my fine lines which is a no-no for me.

Overall, I find this concealer to be decent and covers well. The worst problem of this concealer has to be the design and packaging-- it just required too much effort to get the product out. Will I purchase this product again? Most likely not, since I prefer my Maybelline Fit Me Concealer over this. I will keep this concealer and use it though since I don't like to waste things I spent my money on!

You can purchase this product at your local drugstores for approximately $8.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...