Thursday, May 2, 2013

REVIEW: E.L.F. Lip Exfoliator

Hi Everyone!

I recently went on a trip to Target to purchase, and I purchased the E.L.F. Lip Exfoliator for $3 since the skin on my lips were drying and getting all kinds of funky! I absolutely hate applying gloss or (especially) lipstick when my skin on my lips are peeling!

This is how the packaging looks like:

 I don't see the point of putting a lip scrub that's in a lipstick case in such a large package. Wasteful.

The lip exfoliator is the same size as a regular lipstick.

Right when I took the lid off the stick it broke in half! I was so disappointed because I haven't tried it yet, but that did not discourage me from trying out the scrub. I noticed though that when it did break off, there wasn't much material.
Here's a closer look at it. You can see that there's minerals with sand-like texture in the tube. By the way, I tried sticking the broken piece back in, but it didn't work. As I said before, there's not much product, and I noticed that because it is made out of minerals, you use a big chunk up as you rub it on your lips. 

You can see the product on my lips in salt/sand-like sizes.

Overall I like this product despite the poor and cheap packaging. It really does smooth out my skin and remove my dead skin cells. The directions state that you're supposed to put on lip balm or gloss afterwards, so I put chapstick on and my lips felt nice, clean and scrubbed! :) 

So do I recommend this product? Yes, I do for only $3. You don't need to exfoliate your lips everyday anyway, but probably once a week. Can you make this yourself? I'm sure you can with sugar, honey and some other ingredients, but E.L.F. is inexpensive, and the product works well! Why not?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...