Friday, March 1, 2013

REVIEW: Maybelline Color Whispers

Hello Everyone!

I went to a few stores this week and picked up a few of the Maybelline Color Whispers.  I'm pretty late on getting them, but they do seem to be out of several colors when I have visited the drugstores.

There are 20 colors in this line, and I picked up four of them including (from Left to Right) Lust for Blush, Pin Up Peach, Cherry on Top, and Who Wore it Redder.




 Swatches:

 From L to R: Lust for Blush, Pin Up Peach, Cherry on Top, and Who Wore it Redder.

My first impressions of them is that they are GREAT. I absolutely love how light they feel on my lips! They are soft and are also very moisturizing. These colors are great for everyday wear whether it's morning or night at a party. I do find that they are sheer for the most part, and that you'll need to put on at least 2 or 3 layers in order to get a nice color payout that you want. Another thing to note is that you'll need to reapply these whispers often especially if you go out to eat or drink. Because there are 20 colors, I feel like there is a shade for everyone. Overall, I really do like them despite of the few cons.

Lust for BlushThis color is a very nice color that looks like a light purple mixed with pink. This is a soft color for my lips.


Pin Up Peach
This is my favorite one out of the four I have bought. It is a nice peachy color with a hint of shimmer it. It looks very natural against my skin tone, and I actually use it as my everyday go-to lip color. Very natural if you're looking for something that doesn't fade out your skin or doesn't pop out too much.



Cherry on Top
For a pop of color this is a great color. It's definitely a bright cherry pink color that is great for the upcoming spring!

 
Who Wore it Redder
I initially thought that this color was going to be a traditional red, but it was not at all close to what I thought. It's more of a bright red, hot pink color. I'm not necessarily sure why they named the color, Who Wore it Redder, but I still find it to be a beautiful color. 

I really do like these lip products, and they are inexpensive, ranging from $5.50 to $7.49 depending if you buy them. I definitely recommend these Maybelline Color Whispers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...